AGREEMENT, WAIVER, AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Clearlight Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna
Full spectrum saunas are unique in that they emit near, mid, and far infrared heat all at once. This means that in addition to the far infrared benefits listed above, full spectrum saunas can be good for localized pain relief, cell health, skin renewal, and wound healing.
- Smokers are not permitted in the sauna. The wood surface absorbs tobacco odor released from the pores of the body and will cause damage to the sauna and may cause allergic reactions to other clients.
- The use of drugs, medication or alcohol prior to or during the sauna session may lead to dizziness or unconsciousness.
- Please consult your physician if you are in doubt of your ability to use the Far-infrared Sauna for health reasons.
- No clients under the age of 18 are permitted in the Far-infrared Sauna unless accompanied by a supervising adult.
- Please discontinue the use of the sauna if you feel light-headed, dizzy or heat exhausted.
- Sauna sessions should be limited to a maximum of 40 minutes and temperatures must stay below 140° F.
- It is advisable to drink plenty of water before and after sauna session. It is advised not to eat at least one to two hours prior to your sauna session to avoid any ill feelings.
- Clients using any medications must consult a physician or pharmacist prior to the use of the sauna.
- Pregnant women should consult their physician prior to the use of the sauna. Excessive body temperatures have a potential for causing fetal damage during the early days of pregnancy.
- Do not use any chemicals or lotions prior to your sauna session. These items may block pores and affect perspiration as well as stain the wood of the sauna. It is not advisable to use an infrared sauna under certain medical conditions and it is recommended that you consult a physician before use or if questions/concerns arise.
Therabody® Compression Therapy
Initially feeling like a blood pressure cuff around your foot, these compression boots inflate and relax in segments to mimic the natural muscle pump of the body to mobilize waste products and enhance lymphatic drainage, optimizing recovery and relaxation.
Physical Capability Requirements
Participation in a Therabody® Compression Therapy session involves exposure to vasopneumatic compression for a short period of time. Additionally, you are free to terminate the session at any time.
Therabody® Compression Therapy is contraindicated for patients with:
Current or unstable fractures/breaks
- Recent surgery and have sutures/stitches
- Open wounds, contusions, abrasions
- Suspect or known Acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT) (blood clot)
- Severe atherosclerosis (disease of the arteries)/Ischemic vascular disease (IVD)
- Severe congestive cardiac failure (CHF)
- Existing pulmonary edema (having excess fluid in the lungs)
- Existing pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs)
- Extreme deformity of the limbs
- Any local skin conditions such as gangrene, untreated or infected wounds, recent skin graft, or dermatitis
- Known presence of malignancy in the legs or arms
- Limb infections, including cellulitis that have not been treated
- Presence of Lymphangiosarcoma (a rare cancer due to long-standing lymphedema of the upper/lower extremities)
LED Light Therapy
LED light therapy is the process in which certain colors of light are used to trigger naturally occurring physiological processes in the body, including cellular healing and nitric oxide release. Clinical studies show nitric oxide can help increase and support basic functions in nearly every part of the body including, but not limited to, increased circulation, stimulated collagen production, increased lymphatic system activity, and decreased nervous excitability.
Possible Benefits of LED Light Therapy:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen and elastin production
- Reduce the appearance of scars and other skin ailments, such as rosacea by deeply penetrating the skin and promoting growth of skin cells
- Treat acne by fighting off and killing the bacteria under your skin
Possible Risks of LED Light Therapy:
Overall, the American Academy of Dermatology deems this procedure safe.
Side effects from LED light therapy are rare and were not noted during clinical trials, may include:
- increased inflammation
It is solely your responsibility to monitor your body/reactions and determine if it is appropriate to any of these services. You alone are responsible for your safety and well-being. I acknowledge and accept the risks inherent in the use of equipment in the Recovery Room. I voluntarily assume the risk of injury, accident or death, which may arise from the use of the Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna. I and any of my heirs, executors, representatives or assigns hereby release from all claims or liabilities for personal injury or property damages of any kind sustained while on the premises, during the use of the Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and from any advice provided by an employee, independent contractor or any representative of Excel Rocktown. I agree that this Application and Waiver is in effect for all Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna sessions and will not expire unless requested by either party and understand it is my personal responsibility to consult with my physician regarding my participation.
In consideration of being permitted by Excel Rocktown to participate in their services, I understand they may aggravate a pre-existing medical condition, or could lead to injury. I am voluntarily assuming all risks of accident or injury to me (or my child) arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the services, equipment, or facilities of Excel Rocktown.
I hereby release Excel Rocktown and its staff members, officers, directors, agents, and assigns from all liability for any damage, injury, or harm, which may be caused by, a result of, or in any way associated with participation in these services of Excel Rocktown as a Guest or Member or otherwise.